Thursday, March 27, 2014

Starts with Inspiration: Kendra's Fashion Challenge - A Trip to Disney's Epcot

Trip to Disney - Day & Night
Happy Friday! 

When Kendra Thornton, travelling guru, approached me with a fashion challenge to inspire her wardrobe for a family trip to Disney's Epcot, I was instantly intrigued. Even as an adult, Disney World remains one of my favourite places to visit, and vacation packing is always a creative exercise to look fabulous while packing light. 

My go-to trick is creating a base outfit that can easily be transitioned from day to night by swapping layers and accessories. For this particular set, I opted for a silk cami and scalloped shorts for a functional, feminine look. For daytime, this is paired with a light cashmere hoodie (it can get chilly in the air-conditioned buildings), comfortable yet stylish striped flats, and a  stainless steel menswear-inspired watch. I also added sparkly mouse ears so that she can complement her daughters' princess outfits.

At night, the hoodie is swapped out for a cardigan in a hot-for-Spring floral pattern, glamorous pointed flats, and oversized hoops. The pièce de résistance is a match-everything cross-body bag that can be used as a clutch for dinner by simply tucking in the strap while leaving one hands-free for day. 

For more information about Kendra's Fashion Challenge, check out her message below!

I want to take this time to introduce my latest project, "Kendra's Fashion 
Challenge." I am Kendra Thornton a well-known travel expert! I need some 
fashion advice from some of the best expertise fashion bloggers! I'm currently 
planning a trip to Orlando with my family and I'm particularly concerned 
about what I'm going to wear for a day visiting Epcot! I want to look trendy 
and chic with a princess theme! I am letting my girls wear their Disney attire 
and I would like to match along but in a mature way. We will be attending the 
Princess Storybook Breakfast in the morning then off to see Beauty & the Beast 
in the World Showcase France Pavilion! I’m sure we will enjoy some delicious 
French food later when we meet up with my son and my husband. We will then 
take off to the heart of Paris at a charming café! Chefs de France has high 
ceilings, intricate mosaic flooring and expansive windows looking out onto the 
promenade! I can’t wait to try some innovative French cuisine! I was able to 
plan this day with a new booking website that gives great first hand reviews. 
I checked out the website Gogobot and there were endless options offered for Walt 
Disney World hotels and excursions! I am really looking forward to my trip to 
Orlando. Once I figure out what I'm going to wear, I'll be all ready to go! This is a 
destination that's perfect for families with children! I know with StartWithStyle’s help I 
will have the perfect outfit for my day at Epcot!

Details:
Top: J.Crew hoodie,  Dolce & Gabbana cardigan, Equipment camisole, 
Bottom: TopShop shorts
Shoes: Gap flats, Valentino "Rockstud" flats
Jewelry: Michael by Michael Kors watch, Kate Spade hoops
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff "Mini MAC" bag

Image source: Polyvore

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment