Friday, October 11, 2013

Wish List: Coach Borough Bag


Despite having purchased my first Coach bag close to a decade ago, admittedly over the years I've become less attracted to the brand. Maybe as I've matured I've became less attracted to logos (the only monogramed bags I own now are a sturdy Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull and a classic Fendi baguette), or maybe it was because of how available they became. Afterall, it wasn't unusual to see long serpentine lines outside every Coach outlet I came across and scores of woman exiting with logoed bag upon logoed bag. Unfortunately, it was also because of this jadedness that I lost sight of what Coach was truly known for - quality leather pieces at relatively accessible prices. 

Enter this Fall's Borough bag modelled by both Karlie Kloss and Liu Wen in Coach's newly launched campaigns. These simple, streamlined totes are practical, classic, sleek, and exemplify Coach's new business model to go back to basics and deepen its hold on the luxury market. 

I, for one am a reformed Coach fan - I simply cannot wait to see these bags in person. Available in smooth glossed (marobox) leather and pebbled leather, these chic totes come in oxblood, black, and alpine moss colour (my fave). The price ranges from $378 for a small peppled version up to $1,198 for a leopard print marobox version with calf hair. 

What brands do you find yourself returning to?

Image source: Teen Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment