Sunday, October 14, 2012

Starts with ruffles and lace...

My hubby and I recently went to our last wedding of the year. Rather than splurge on a new dress, I decided to do a bit of reinventing with  my existing wardrobe. 

peplum top, lace skirt, H&M, Joe Fresh, ruffles, lace, Fall fashion

I opted to top my lace skirt with a peplum top (purchased during FNO in Vegas a few weeks ago) and added a skinny silver belt to create the look of the on-trend peplum dress while also mixing textures to keep the ensemble from looking too one-dimensional.

peplum top, lace skirt, H&M, Joe Fresh, ruffles, lace, Fall fashion

Adding a few silver accessories for additional pop, I was pleasantly delighted with the end result. Even better was the chance to wear pieces, that, if separate, probably would not have seen as much wear. 

peplum top, lace skirt, H&M, Joe Fresh, ruffles, lace, Fall fashion

Top: H&M
Bottom: Joe Fresh (old)
Shoes: Elie Tahari
Clutch: Salvatore Ferragamo
Belt: Femme de Carriere (old, great version here)

No comments:

Post a Comment