Sunday, September 2, 2012

Starts with a Las Vegas packing list (part I)

For our one-year wedding anniversary, the hubby and I have planned  a trip to Las Vegas. While I've been there a few times, this will be his first trip, so I've got lots planned to see and do. I've learned from much business travel that it's easiest to pack a carry-on bag where possible so versatility and mixing-and-matching are definitely pluses. And don't forget, with flight security regulations, no large liquid bottles!

Here's the plan:

Day Time:
September weather in Vegas is extremely hot ( day time temperatures of ~40 degrees Celsius!), so comfort and coolness are crucial. For day-time, I've packed maxi dresses, a tank dress, and a silky flowy tank to be paired with cotton shorts. I'll be wearing flats most of the time because of all the walking we'll be doing. I've also brought a shoulder-bag for day-time sightseeing that can be used as a large clutch for evenings.

Evenings:
For evenings, we've opted to keep things relatively casual. However, for nights where we have a dinner or show planned, I've included a few dressier pieces. This includes a studded tank to be paired with silk cargo shorts, gold snakeskin pumps, and a large purple clutch (also used for day-time). For our dinner, I'll be wearing a coral-coloured strapless dress, which will be paired with the same pumps, and a smaller bag. 

Accessories:
I've picked accessories that work for both day and night. This includes versatile skinny belts (for cinching-in the maxi dresses or paired with shorts) and necklaces, my trust Hermes clic-clac bangle, and a silk scarf that can be used indoors where the A/C tends to be a bit intense.

Toiletries:
I'll be sure to bring travel-sized versions of my  favourite sunscreen, fragrance, and hair products. I've also packed a curling iron for dressier nights, and a flat iron for day. The hot weather sometimes causes my hair to do funny things, but the dryness also means that my attempts to curl my hair usually lasts.

What to pack for Las Vegas
Top row: Clinique make-up pouches (old), Jimmy Choo pumps, Fendi Baguette, Topshop floral tank, Talula Babaton white shorts, Old Navy blue tank dress, J.Crew necklace, Tory Burch sandals

Middle Row: J.Crew strapless dress, Hermes bangle, Joe Fresh belt, Botkier shoulder bag, Alexander McQueen scarf, maxi dress (old, from Winners), Hot Tools curling iron, GHD flat iron

Bottom Row: Silence+Noise Studded tank (old), Club Monaco silk cargo shorts (old), Zara leather belt, Clinique sunscreen, Jo Malone fragrance, Bumble and bumble thickening spray, Living Proof hairspray, Dermalogica face cleanser, Morrocan Oil, Banana Republic maxi dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment