Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Starts with black and blue lace...

Nothing is lovelier than late summer weddings. It's the perfect weather for being outdoors. 
My hubby and I were at a few weddings this summer, and at each one, we felt so fortunate to be invited to share this special time with our friends and family.

Fall fashion, lace dress, Robert Rodriquez

For this particular wedding, I wore my Robert Rodriguez dress, which was a sale purchase from Holt Renfrew two years ago. Its clean lines along with the blue silk and eye-catching contrasting overlay have made this a staple for many special events.

Fall fashion, lace dress, Robert Rodriquez

When I first saw this dress, I was immediately drawn to the unique design of the lace. I also love the slimming wide waistband and the gorgeous detailing on the eyelash-fringe hem. 

Fall fashion, lace dress, Ferragamo, Robert Rodriquez lace dress

I paired the dress with a statement necklace that I actually wore at my own wedding a year ago. It feels nice to be able to wear items that have sentimental meaning over again. It also livened up the neckline of an otherwise go-to piece, giving it a new look.

What statement pieces in your wardrobe to you find yourself reaching for over and over again?

Fall fashion, lace dress, Ferragamo, Robert Rodriquez lace dress

Dress: Robert Rodriguez (old,similar here or long-sleeved version by same designer here)
Jewellery: necklace from Cards and Presents on Queen St. West, Toronto; Tiffany & Co bracelet
Shoes: Elie Tahari (currently on sale at Saks Fifth Avenue)
Clutch: Salvatore Ferragamo

No comments:

Post a Comment