Monday, August 27, 2012

Starts with Inspiration: Smoking Slippers

I'm loving the new smoking slippers being shown for Fall. They are, to me, the  older sister to the ballet flats (which I still love!). But make no mistake, though more mature, a wall-flower this shoe is not. The endless varieties of embellishment and textures for this Fall's smoking slippers will leave you, shall we say, burning with desire? 

Here are my current top three favourite styles:

-1-
First is the B Brian Atwood Metallic Leopard-Print smoking slipper. The embellished suede backstay is what stands out to me here. It's the perfect unexpected complement to an already pretty stand-out pattern. I'm loving the subtle leopard print, while the metallic fabric provides a great "pop".

B Brian Atwood Metallic Leopard-Print smoking slipper


-2-
Second is the Prada Glitter Logo smoking slipper. A less in-your-face look, but eye-catching nonetheless. I'm loving the light gold and small glitter flecks (I'm not a fan of chunky glitter). I'm imaging these with cropped black skinny pants topped with a polka-dot silk blouse like this one.

Prada Glitter Logo smoking slipper


-3-
Last but not least is the Valentino Caviar-Crystal Lace smoking slipper. There's really nothing like Valentino's iconic lace pattern. I think the lace is a nice complement to the sometimes more masculine-looking shoe, and provides an unexpected texture to the leather base of the shoe.

Valentino Caviar-Crystal Lace smoking slipper


So what are your thoughts? Will you be giving your ballet flats a rest this Fall and give smoking slippers a try?


(Image credits for post: Neiman Marcus)


2 comments:

  1. I too am loving smoking slippers! Super comfy to wear, more so than ballet flats. Great choice with the Valentino slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my fav is the first one!!!! Loving the animal print mixed in with the stones!

    Follow each other???

    ****LAST day to enter the CHANEL handbag giveway on www.fashion-a-holic.com*****

    ReplyDelete